Natural support for normal blood pressure, vascular tone & cardiovascular health
HTN Complex™ is a synergistic formula that provides a wide array of nutrients and herbs designed to naturally support healthy blood pressure. The folate used in this product is a blend of naturally occurring folates, as opposed to the synthetic folic acid found in a variety of over-the-counter vitamins. Many individuals have genetic constitutions that impair the conversion of folic acid to folate, and a folate is a form that is most biologically active in the body. The zinc and vanadium are formulated as chelated minerals, which offer superior absorption.
Mechanisms of Action
- Natural Diuretic: Healthy blood pressure may result when the kidneys release excess water.
- Vasodilator: Promoting the relaxation of blood vessels may allow for a healthy pressure of the blood flowing through them.
- ACE inhibitors: ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) is a key enzyme involved in influencing blood pressure by regulating fluid volume in the body. It also indirectly causes constriction of blood vessels. ACE inhibitors help relax arteries and promote renal excretion of salt and water.
- Calcium channel blockers: Calcium is involved in muscle contraction and the stiffening of various tissues. By reducing the flow of calcium into certain types of cells, calcium channel blockers may help muscles relax and promote softening, rather than stiffening, thereby facilitating healthy blood pressure.
- Antioxidants: Various nutrients in this product work as antioxidants, helping to fight oxidative damage. This type of damage to the lining of blood vessels from free radicals may make it difficult to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Blood sugar support: Suboptimal blood glucose may affect blood pressure due to insulin’s influence on the way the kidneys retain fluids and minerals. Keeping blood glucose and insulin levels within a healthy range may help support this critical function of the kidneys.
As a dietary supplement, take four capsules per day, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner (divided dosing recommended).